6.10.2013

DIY: Nursery Artwork - Part 1

When it comes to decorating a room (especially when dealing with a tight budget), I always find it best to try your own hand at completing the artwork. This way you can save on money, personalize the space, and have a unique piece of art that noone else has. Project Nursery was no exception.

This will be the first of a multi-part post on the artwork that I DIY'd for this space. I needed art in several places in the room but today, I'll be showing you what I created for above the dresser.




Originally I wanted to go with square frames, but I couldn't find the right size that would fill up the space above the dresser properly. So I opted for 4 simple IKEA RIBBA frames in a 12.5" x 16.5" size, hung horizontally. 

Next, I wanted to add a pop of colour to the walls and bring in some of the accent colours from the bedding and throughout the room. So I chose 4 different scrapbook papers from Michael's.



The decals on each of the pictures came as part of a large wall decal that was part of the bedding ensemble that I bought. I knew that I didn't want to use the wall decal for it's intended purpose, so I thought I could reuse the stickers in a different form of wall art.





The cost breakdown of each of these? Less than $12 each (including tax)! So for less than $50 for all 4 frames, you can have a customized collection of wall art. Plus you can easily swap out the scrapbook paper for a different pattern or colour down the road.

Stay tuned for Part 2 in an upcoming post when I show you how I DIY'd canvas artwork for above the crib...


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...