Last I showed you, they looked like this...
Since then, my husband was able to fill all the nail holes and seams for a finished look. Over the weekend, we were able to paint the entire wainscoting and chair-rail, along with the interior of the closet. So, after a very long Sunday, the room is starting to look more like a nursery and less like a construction zone.
I'll be chatting about the lattice wainscoting in an upcoming post, so stay tuned for that.
I also wanted to give you a quick rundown on where the room stands now. When I first introduced the to-do list to you all,there were 13 items on it, and at that time I had managed to scratch 1 1/2 of these items off of it. This is where the list stands now...
4. Redo existing dresser (details to come later)
8. Artwork and accessories
10. Install lighting
11. Window treatments -
12. DIY accent table (details to come later)
13. Organize closet
I have also managed to DIY one of the artworks, and am currently working on another (I'll provide details of these projects too in upcoming posts). We also installed the blinds over the weekend but have yet to install the curtains (so item #11 will stay on the list for now).
Once this upcoming long weekend is over, we should have the dresser redone (details to come), and have installed the furniture. I'll be able to give you a peek next week with those additions.
So, I have my homework cut out for me this week, plus I've got to write these posts that I keep promising you all!